Monday, June 22, 2015

Sixteen Months, Five Days

It took my husband and I over a year to get pregnant with our first child. We weren't by any means, "actively" trying, but on the other side of things, we weren't preventing ourselves from becoming parents either.

Our first born son, came 9 days before the original due date I was given, but just 2 days before second due date. Maxim was born on December 13th, 2009 at 3:56am. It was love at first sight. I remember during delivery the nurses said that we had a little red head on our hands, both my husband and I looked at each other in panic because not only of the red head tempers, but neither of our families had red hair in it's genetics. When he came out and I seen his round pudgy face, he had no red hair, but peach fuzz blonde, with big blue eyes, just like his momma.

Fast forward seven months....

Since it took us so long to conceive Maxim, and because of my sporadic periods, we decided to start trying at the end of July to become pregnant again. What we didn't expect was to get pregnant so quick.

Our second son came 3 days before his due date. Cooper was born on April 19th, 2011 at 1:24pm. Like the first time, it was love at first sight. The delivery with Coop was completely different then it was with Maxim. The entire labour and delivery process at the hospital only lasted 1hr 4mins and I had another bouncing baby boy. Coop came out looking almost completely opposite then his big brother. Coop had hair, and it was dark, his face wasn't as round the only similarity was they both had big blue eyes.

All it took was 16 months and 5 days to complete our family and go from a family of two, to a family of four.


No comments:

Post a Comment